Terms and Conditions
We can effect an insurance with underwriters whose policy covers your property against all and every risk and/or damage (subject to a declaration of value) from time of taking up until finally delivered, whilst in transit by road, rail or inland waterway or coastal steamer to or from any address in England, Scotland and Wales. The policy excludes:
• Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps of all kind, unless contained in locked safe/s or strong room/s.
• Electrical or mechanical derangement unless caused by physical damage in transit.
• Wear, tear, gradual deterioration, moth and vermin.
• Consequential loss of any kind or description.
• Any loss or damage covered in whole or part by any other policy or indemnity by whomsoever effected except in respect of any excess over the sum recoverable or which but for the existence of the above policy would be recoverable under such other policy or indemnity.
• Claims for a whole set or pair, if only one item of the set or pair is damaged or lost, and if the items cannot be valued individually the loss will be calculated at pro rata of the insured value of the complete set or pair.
• Damage caused to goods not packed by our removals staff.
• Each and every claim will be subject to Two hundred and fifty pound excess payable by the customer.
Detailed claims should be made to us in writing within 7 days after the delivery to the property (time being the essence of the contract).